Tidbits about my life relating to anything and everything.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Rip off artist!!!

I was watching tv the other night and cam across a commercial that blew my mind! No because it was ground breaking or amazing, but because it was almost an EXACT ripoff of another commercial that ran during last year.

Last year VW ran a commercial that was a "Chain reaction" concept of Kindness. One person saw someone doing something nice and the chain reaction of kindness starts from there and then backs up to the beginning to see someone seeing a VW Bug that starts the chain reaction.

Well Liberty Mutual is running an ad that is the exact same concept. The only difference is that there is no VW in the commercial. The entire makeup and chronology is the same too. It even reverts back to the initial act of kindness just like the VW ad does. Take a look. (Note the VW ad is a little choppy but it was the only one I could find)

This makes me a little sick being that I am in advertising and design (although not television spots). I mean these huge agencies get paid lots of money to come up with original concepts and the best they could do was rip off a VW ad?! They could have at least stolen a concept from a more obscure commercial. Take a look and you will see what I mean. Jeez!


VW AD


Liberty Mutual Ad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home