Tidbits about my life relating to anything and everything.

Sunday, July 08, 2007

My stolen car was recovered by police.

My car was stolen from right in front of my house a year and a half ago...in broad daylight. Original Post here. The car was never recovered, and the thief made out quite well. In addition to the car, he got my wife's purse, laptop, and lunch to boot! Needless to say it was a huge inconvenience and there was a sense of being violated.

Anyhow, I received a call from the police yesterday saying they recovered my car - after a year and a half! Unprecedented in its own right. But what was even more amazing was they actually made an arrest! They guy who had the car actually tried to sell it to a junkyard in Bladensburg. There were no tags so the junkyard operator looked up the VIN and bam! The car was listed as stolen. He called the cops and they got the car AND the guy.

I asked what would happen to the guy and they said he would be going to jail. I may have to appear in court to testify that the car was in fact mine, but that's fine with me. I want to see the guy’s face that took the car and let him know how much grief he put my family in. Especially my daughter. She was so terrified that someone was always going to take our car.

You always hear about having a sense of closure in these types of things, and I got to say. It is true. It feels great knowing the guy was caught and will (hopefully) suffer the consequences.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Wicketywack said...

Holy cow, that is NUTS. What's the car's condition like?

2:12 PM

 
Blogger Dilkman said...

LB, condition was unknown, but since the guy was nabbed trying to sell it to a junk yard without tags, I assume that it was fit for a junk yard. I am just happy they actually have someone tied to the car to arrest.

4:09 PM

 
Blogger EVK4 said...

any food in the car when recovered? That'd be poetic justice.

5:33 PM

 
Blogger Dilkman said...

evk4, that would be funny. Our joke here is that whoever took the car had a great day. Not only did he get the car, he got my wife's purse with some cash in it, a freaking brand new ibook, and 2 lunches (my wife's, and my daughter's) he could have driven for a solid day with all those rations.

6:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home